Studio Policy Agreement
Students must register for an entire session (Fall, Winter, Spring, Summer):
- Your registration indicates your commitment to pay for the entire session. No refunds will be given for students who discontinue lessons mid-session.
- Tuition includes fees for Private Lessons, Group Classes (when applicable), and Recitals. The fee is also determined by the amount of time agreed upon for lessons and classes.
- Tuition payments are due on or before the first lessons of the semester OR on the first day of each month as agreed upon by you and Mrs. Cahn.
- Receipt of payment reserves your lesson time. Failing to pay on time forfeits your prearranged lesson time. There will be a $20.00 fee for payments later than 7 days after the first day of each month. There will be a fee of $25.00 charged for any returned checks. A registration form must be completed and submitted to Ms. Cahn to reserve your place for each session.
- Fees will be prorated for any new students registering mid-session.
- Students are expected to arrive on time for lessons and classes. Ms. Cahn will wait 10 minutes before assuming that the student is not arriving. Ms. Cahn will not be required to make up time when proper notice is not given. If Ms. Cahn is late, she will make up all lost time.
- A 24-hour notice is required for cancellation of a lesson or you forfeit your lesson for that week. Every attempt should be made to exchange lessons times with another student during the same week, if a conflict is known. Please call, text, or email Ms. Cahn immediately in the event of an emergency. Ms. Cahn will provide only one make-up lesson for lessons missed by the student. Mrs. Cahn will offer a make-up lesson for any lesson that she misses or cancels. Missing a lesson does not absolve a student from payment obligation. Any group classes cancelled because of weather will not be made up. Every attempt will be made to make up private lessons cancelled due to weather. As a general rule, come if you can.
- REGULAR practice is a necessity and not an option. Children under 12 must have a parent present at the private and group lesson. A student who is not practicing or making significant progress may be asked to leave the studio.
- Ms. Cahn reserves the right to dismiss a student due to lack of commitment. Frequent tardiness and/or missing lessons on a regular basis also are not acceptable. Regular practice and attendance is essential to success.